Saturday, October 10, 2015

Day 11 Competition, and some big news for me.

Sean,
You will be proud of your dad I think. I just got home from our second competition of the year in our local class. All told we had 26 fighters including several from True Edge Academy, Noble Sciences school in Reno, and our class. It was a beautiful day and though it took a while to get started because of a race going on at the park, we got things going pretty well.

I took second place, where I fought in the final match with steel against Jeremy. He is a great fighter and I love fighting him and it was our first match of the day that really dropped me for points in my matches. so it was awesome to cross steel with him again in the final. I am incredibly excited and feel like I did pretty well today and I really feel like I got many of my competitors playing my game, so I got to make a lot of it go the way I wanted. I still took a lot of hits, but I feel like I was relaxed and really on my game today and it showed in my placing.

After competition though we had another huge announcement. My Instructor Travis, who has been my instructor for years now, not only gave me the rank of instructor, but also the running of our regular Saturday class. It is something I have been working hard on for the last few years. We had talked about me stepping into an instructor role, but this was a huge thing for me and for class. It is a big change, but not something I am feeling unprepared for. It is a big thing to me and I am not starting with a class of a few people but am really starting with a class that has some good fighters and loads of fighters who I feel can become better with a little push. This is huge and it will take me a bit to figure a few things out, but I feel like I am ready. I am not sure what all it means, but I am sure that it is awesome and I know I will work it out.

It has been a great day.

Love you kid and will see you soon,
Dad