Friday, August 14, 2015

68 days making a home.

Punchy,
You are now about 68 days from us. As we have gone through this pregnancy some things have been totally clear to me. No matter how much I want to always be on the same page with you, we will not grow up in the same way, we will not have the same background. When I was growing up, we moved quite a bit. That was a part of life. I went to the same schools, but we moved around some.
This is something I wanted to be different for you. We will not grow up going to the same schools, or the same hangouts, life will be different for you than it was for me. Not bad, just different.
That is the thing, time and place will change, I will do what I can to be there for you, to show you the same things I grew up with, the books and the places I did grow up. But they will not be the same for you as they will for you.
This is unique, it is something you will have, but others did not. My mom, and my Dad grew up other places. Your mom grew up in Spanish Fork and though you will see it and know it somewhat, it will not be the place you grew up. The building I went to elementary school was torn down years ago. I can show you places I lived when I was growing up but it is not going to be the same.
You will know Liberty Park, but I am not sure you will spend all the time I have there. You may not know the bakery that was around the corner from a house I lived in when I was in Jr High, but you will know different things, different places you like to go. Your moms dad grew up around the corner from our house, and where your Grandma Judy lives, but his neighborhood is not going to be the same as yours either. Time changes things.
I will do what I can to understand you, if you ever need to talk, It is not the same, but I will do what I can to relate to you. It is not always the same, but I will try to do what I can. I will do my best to raise you as best as I can and give you the best childhood you can have. It is our hope that I can make sure that you have the same room growing up that you have when you are born. It may not be the case, but I will do the best I can.
We have given it as much energy as we can. This is our home, and we are excited to have you come home to it soon.
-Dad